Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sheesh!

Yesterday morning at 9AM a mom from daycare called. "Have you heard?" 

"Heard what?"

"Daycare is closed permanently at 5:30 PM today. If you don't get their stuff, it will be sealed in the building." 

Awesome. 2009, you're kicking our ass man. 

So actually, this turn of events might be good news for our family -- just inconvenient. We've been thinking of switching to a part-time nanny once #3 is ready for daycare for cost reasons so this might just push the issue. We also had intended to keep the kids in school while I was on leave so that they didn't loose their spots, but maybe this way we can save a few bucks and just use some sitters -- or a nanny if we find the right person -- instead. 

But still, wow. It seems like anything unexpected can and will happen this year. There's something in the air I guess. As I was dealing with this issue as best I could yesterday, the real kick was when I actually fell on my rump on some slick porch stairs. I mean really, was that necessary?

Pregnancy news: Baby has definitely dropped. I was able to eat spaghetti last night with no heartburn and I can almost get out of bed without grunting. Had a fair amount of braxton hicks yesterday. Still hoping to hold out for February.

No comments: