I continued to barf about ever 30-40 minutes for the next 12 hours. Awesome. And the pooping started around midnight. So... needless to say, Dave and I spend election day in the ER where they pumped fluids into me. It was awesome. At one point, the nurse was asking some questions. She said, "is this your first pregnancy?"
"No, third."
"Oh! Wow... so this is like... a date?" she laughed and left the room to do whatever it is nurses do when they leave the room.
Dave and I looked at each other and realized that this was, in fact, the most time we'd spent, just the two of us in a very long time.
So there you go, if you ever wonder if we ever get time together, alone, with a two- and three-year-old and one on the way, the answer is yes. In the emergency room with an IV and vidocan.
For the record, I'm feeling much better now -- seems to have been a 24-hour bug. Dave's 24-hours started about 12:30 Tuesday night so we even got to spend Wednesday quaranteened (sp?) at the house. The kids seemed to have avoided it (or perhaps they were carriers) for the most part so hopefully we'll avoid everyone getting it.
Off to sterilize!
2 comments:
oh holy crap that sucks! WE'll i'm glad you and baby and Dave are ok! Like you don't have it bad enough with the pukes on this one. Sheesh! What up!? And i'm shocked the kids didn't actually have it! Nuts. So was it nice even a little bit to have that alone time ie. date with dave? ha that's good stuff!
Damn, Bridget! That is too funny (especially the part about nurses doing what nurses do when they leave the room - I've always wondered that too!) but I feel bad for you at the same time for being so sick :( Glad you are feeling better!
Post a Comment